Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for financial aid?

File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to qualify for Federal Pell Grant and Federal Stafford Loans.


What is the FAFSA??

This is the form the federal government uses to determine your eligibility for aid. This aid includes grants, work study, scholarships and loans.


Who needs to complete the FAFSA?

At SLCHC, we request that you file a FAFSA so that we know you want (or need) financial assistance (scholarships, grants, loans, etc.). It is the initial application for institutional aid, federal grants, and federal work study and is the prerequisite for federal student loans.


How do I file the FASFA?

The easiest and fastest way to do this is by going online to You will also need to go to and apply for a PIN in order to sign electronically (if you are a dependent student, your parent will need to complete an application for a PIN as well).


What is St. Louis College of Health Careers School Code?



When do I file the FAFSA??

The FAFSA becomes available January 1 of each year.


What kinds of grants are available?

Federal Pell Grant and Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants are available at SLCHC. Eligibility is determined by completing the FAFSA. For the 2009-10 award year Pell Grant awards ranged from $400 - $5350 for a full time student, it adjusts from year to year.


How do I apply for a Student Loan?

In order to receive a student loan you must fill out a Stafford Loan application, Master Promissory Note, in addition to the FAFSA. Federal regulations require all student borrowers to complete Stafford Entrance Loan Counseling prior to receiving loan funds.


What is the difference between the Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loan?

The Subsidized Stafford Loan is interest deferred to the student while he/she is in school, during the period the loan is in grace, and during periods of deferment. The Unsubsidized Stafford Loan starts to accrue interest after the first disbursement is made and continues to accrue interest during the life of the loan.


Do I have to pay the interest on the Unsubsidized Stafford while I'm in school?

You have the option but are not required to make interest payments while in school. Any unpaid interest will be capitalized, or added to the principal loan balance, when repayment starts.


When do I have to repay my loans?

After you graduate, leave school, or drop to less than half-time enrollment, you have a six-month grace period before you must begin repayment on you Stafford Loan(s).


Come Here!
Go Anywhere!

We're excited to help you take the first step towards
a rewarding career in healthcare.

Click on 'Request Information' to learn more about our programs and
to schedule a meeting with an Admissions Representative.

Enroll Now

Not a fan of forms?

Call the Office of Admissions directly